- Cumbia Tokeson
- Anita Coats
- It Is I
- The Jackalope Saints
- Mine All Mine
- Owl Paws
- Sad Accordions
- The Welcome
- Trash Pop Icons
Based in Portland, OR, The Jackalope Saints play string-band music rooted in folk and bluegrass traditions. Adding a twist of soul and stirring the pot, a new sound surfaces: Navy Bluegrass River Rock. It is the howling sound of wind in the trees, cowboys at a fire and jackalopes echoing back on a warm desert night. Saints' songs come from the whimsical mind of singer-songwriter Clinton Herrick, whose playful and piercing lyrics recall half-successful relationships and reveal constant curiosity and a desire to create magic from the mundane. Clinton's rhythm-guitar and Jay Parshall's bass anchor melodies from Heather Roberts' soulful fiddle and John Chap's licks on anything from mandolin and banjo to slide-guitar. They are also joined by Lucas Welliver, illustrious fifth Saint and master of keys and accordion.
FAVORITE VH1 YOU OUGHTA KNOW artist:
K' NAAN, Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings, Dawes, The Civil Wars, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, Mumford & Sons, Adele, Brandi Carlile...
5 things YOU OUGHTA KNOW about the band:
1. Jay works at the Bridgeport Whole Foods Market in Tigard, OR, which is in the Portland metro area.
2. The Jackalope Saints' doomsday bunker has stockpiles of Dave's Killer Bread, Tofurky Deli Slices, Veganaise, peanut butter pretzels, coconut water, kombucha, Guayaki Yerba Mate, Secret Aardvark Sauce, avocados, Juanitas' Tortilla Chips, sweet potatoes, Coconut Bliss, Hub IPA, sprouted tofu and puppies.
3. Four out of five members are Settlers of Catan fans.
4. They've never seen a jackalope in the wild, yet.
5. Their favorite music festival is Pickathon in Happy Valley, OR.